CCHQ Press Release
After months of division and distraction, Jeremy Corbyn has won the Labour leadership election. Again.
But no one should be celebrating this victory. The policies that Labour are offering will do nothing for people who want a government that will deliver for them.
The Labour leader:
- Thinks the last Labour government didn’t spend enough.
- Wants to hold back good local schools.
- Wants to give up control of our borders.
- Wants to weaken our armed forces.
- Wants to scrap our nuclear defences.
There was only one winner today, Steve, and it wasn’t Britain.
Labour are too divided, distracted and incompetent to build a country that works for everyone.
Instead of learning lessons from the past, they have engaged in a bitter power struggle that will continue even after they’ve picked a leader.
While Labour row amongst themselves, this Conservative government will continue to deliver a country that works for everyone, not just the privileged few.
And that is exactly how we intend to carry on in the months and years ahead.