Daily Archives: November 15th, 2017
Mayor Charity Update
During my first six months as Mayor I have raised £6,600. Some of that was donated by myself through my voluntary surrender of the County Council rise, but most was from functions, fundraisers, the great work of the St Augustines Day Centre team, my Mayor’s Stall at the Rock Festival and generous donations from others.
Although there is still plenty of cash left (and I hope to raise much more) here is an update on some of the things I’ve already done with the Mayor’s Charity Fund.
- Boogie Tots – paid for the hire of the hall, allowing the group to continue
- Mobile Defibrillator Unit – purchased an entire unit, for use at Town Events.
- Bedazzle – paid for the hire of the hall, helping the group meet funding challenges.
- Community House Day Trip – Paid for a day trip for users of the House, including some special T-Shirts
- Breathe Easy – Purchased a PA System for this important support group
- Festivals Committee – Paid for the Ghost House at Halloween, so that it could be free for the people of Wisbech
- North Ward / Waterlees Skate Park – Made a significant donation towards the forthcoming Skate Park.
- Donations to Cat Haven, Sharman’s Legacy, Lois Smith Fund, WGS Rugby Fundraiser, On Track Education, Macmillan Cancer Support
- Gazebo for use by Macmillan Cancer Support
- There is much more to come as I hope to deliver a lot for St Augustines Day Centre, Fenland Gymnastic Academy, Wisbech Stroke Club, Wisbech Reads and Wisbech Cubs/Scouts/Guides in 2018.
It’s quite exciting to be able to deliver lots of different things. There’s still a sizeable chunk remaining and its my intention to double up my effort in the New Year and fundraise like crazy. If anybody has any fundraising ideas, or would like to make a donation, or would like to help me with fundraising activities, please let me know!